The masses of strangers that we are faced dealing with on a daily basis can test our best levels of patience. Sometimes this holds true with our family and friends as well.
The higher the population you live in, you will notice that oftentimes people aren’t really even human beings anymore. It sadly seems as if we are treating each other more like we are pests like fleas, cockroaches or bed bugs.
If you have ever:
Then you can understand how easily even the most centered person might slip into responding with contempt, disgust or some other negative emotion. We all seem to have a pet peeve when it comes to how “others” operate in this world.
The go to phrase whenever faced with these nerve trying times is “People are IDIOTS!”
I have a few pet peeves of my own, so I can completely relate to those feelings of frustration, anger and occasional disbelief of some people’s actions.
Littering, refusing to get involved if someone needs help or other disrespectful actions toward others, and the “walking dead” (People who are so locked up in their mind that they barely realize what is going on around them) are probably my biggest challenges.
I’m stuck in the world with these people and unless I move to a deserted island, I am going to remain stuck, and hopefully for a good long time. That goes the same for you.
So, how do you maintain a peaceful, happy existence, despite all the idiocracy?
Steps to Deal with the Idiots
1. Realize not all people are really idiots; they just do idiotic things sometimes.
2. Let go of your need to “teach those idiots a lesson” by refusing to get down to their level by becoming your own brand of idiot.
3. Learn to be grateful for the idiots. With them, you have the opportunity to reach your highest potential of who you are and how you operate in the world.
4. Lead by example of how not to be an idiot.
5. Realize that people doing idiotic things very well might be complete idiots, but you don’t have to join them and you don’t have to lose your peace of mind over them.
For the sake of your sanity, health, and otherwise sunny outlook on life, I suggest you take the opportunity that idiots offer. Also, realize some days, you may very well be the idiot that someone else can use for his or her own self-growth opportunities.